Paris may be known as the city of love, but London has definitely earned a spot as one of the world’s most romantic cities. Add to this the fact that London has some of the world’s most notable wedding venues, and you’ve got an unbeatable location for your ceremony. Here are the 10 most famous placed to tie the knot in London:
1. Kensington Palace Orangery – Situated within Kensington Gardens, this venue is stunningly gorgeous and ultra-romantic. The views of the gardens are exquisite, and the venue itself is fit for royalty. With a capacity for 150 for the ceremony and 300 for the reception, it’s an idea spot for a wedding – and one of the most beloved places in London to get hitched.
2. The Barbican – The Barbican is a popular wedding venue for those who want the feel of an outdoor wedding in an indoor space. Filled with more than 2,000 species of tropical plants, the venue is gorgeously alive and is perfect for both wedding ceremonies and receptions.
3. 30 St. Mary Axe/The Gherkin – As one of London’s most iconic landmarks, it’s no surprise The Gherkin has made the list of the city’s most popular wedding venues. At 95 stories tall, a wedding here means sweeping 360-degree views of the city from one of the top floors. Beautiful and elegant, this venue is pure class.
4. Natural History Museum – London’s Natural History Museum is more than just a stop on a tourist’s list. It’s also a popular – and lovely – spot to get married! The museum offers couples their choice of location for exchanging their vows, along with access to much of the historic facility following the ceremony.
5. Royal Opera House – Best-known for hosting world-famous operas and other performances, the Royal Opera House is also a famous place to tie the knot! The glass atrium inside Paul Hamlyn Hall makes a stunning location for a wedding, but there’s a catch: the Opera House only hosts two weddings per year, so you might want to put your name in now for this in-demand venue.
6. Dulwich Picture Gallery – Built in the 19th century, the Dulwich Picture Gallery is loaded with art AND history. It’s also a popular wedding venue for both art aficionados and casual admirers who can appreciate the gallery’s stately atmosphere.
7. Claridge’s – For couples with an affection for art deco, Claridge’s is it. This venue is the definition of luxury, and it’s played host to plenty of the world’s rich and famous over its 100 years. If you want a venue that is pure glamour, you want Claridge’s.
8. One Mayfair – This converted church has hosted many weddings, and it’s easy to see why. Not only is the facility beautiful and boasts a private, rooftop terrace, it’s also easy to customize it exactly to your liking. One look at One Mayfair’s stately column, and you’ll see why this venue has quickly risen to fame.
9. The Savile Club – The elegant gentleman’s club will give your wedding an air of intimacy. The venue has space for up to 200 guests, and there are a number of rooms and rooftop areas that can be dedicated to your special day.
10. Il Bottacio – This stunning venue in Hyde Park features a grand staircase and loads of beautiful architectural details that have sent its popularity as a wedding venue soaring. Il Bottacio overlooks the gardens at Buckingham Palace and offers elegance like no other.